Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3D Movie Making is recommended by Sony Vegas and many others if you want to learn how to make 3D that is effective and easy on the eyes. It covers the range of topics from conceptualization of your project to assembling your rig, videoing, editing, and rendering. Most valuable to me was the author's treatment of parallax, as he shows how to measure it to the pixel. Applying that metric with the tools in Vegas 10 allows us to know exactly where we stand in the depth bracket and how comfortable the 3D will be. Many of the illustrations are hand drawn and deceptively simple, and the entire book gives more in re-reading. This book gives an excellent start to anyone with 3D ambitions.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Sounds very interesting, but who would " Sony Vegas and many others " be that recommend it?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here is a link to download the Sony Vegas owners manual, and on page 150 they cite and recommend this book:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/manuals/vegaspro

Also, several people on Amazon recommend the book in the customer reviews section where the book is listed.

Also, I'm sure I have seen this book recommended on some other discussion forums, but I don't have the links at hand right now. But that is what I meant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts