Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Harpmaker,
I am getting ready to buy a $300 screen for my outside 3D theater. Before I did I just wanted to check if you have made any progress on your paint mixture. I am on a real tight budget, so if you had a cheaper alternative I would be very happy to test it out.

I have my 2 projectors and filter, just waiting on a screen now. I would be happy to test anything you suggest!

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Hello Harpmaker,
I am getting ready to buy a $300 screen for my outside 3D theater. Before I did I just wanted to check if you have made any progress on your paint mixture. I am on a real tight budget, so if you had a cheaper alternative I would be very happy to test it out.

I have my 2 projectors and filter, just waiting on a screen now. I would be happy to test anything you suggest!

I forgot, this fourm is great. I have learned lots.
Hi! Welcome to HTS! :wave:

The experimental 3D specialty mixes are still very much experimental. They are not for permanent outdoor placement as the weather (rain and sun) would play havoc with them). Since they are geared toward passive 3D systems they also have a relatively small viewing cone and are spray-only.

What PJ's do you intend on using?
Are they active or passive 3D?
How large a screen do you intend to make?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts