Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its modest but it works like a charm. It serves as dual purpose 2 channel and HT setup.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Looks good :T Nice use of a multi use space.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Looks great to me. The nice thing about this hobby is you get to choose how good is good enough.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the kind words... Two planned upgrades..a bigger sub woofer..probably most likely the Outlaw LFM1-EX and a larger screen.

You would think the sub location is really strange but putting the sub at the listener position and doing the bass crawl put the sub exactly in that position behind the listener area.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The following pics shows teh steps I did to hang the rear center channel.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Looking sweet! Love that rear channel mount... very creative! I also like the fact that you gave your mains some breathing room.

I'll bet it sounds AWESOME.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking sweet! Love that rear channel mount... very creative! I also like the fact that you gave your mains some breathing room.

I'll bet it sounds AWESOME.
Thank you. Its dual purpose but I set it up primarily for two channel listening having more of an isoceles setup between mains and teh listening positioning as opposed to an equalteral setup. Images very well.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again for all the kind words.

I had the brilliant idea of plugging that light into one of the two spare receptacles located on the back of my receiver. Now I can control the lamp via the harmony and have it turn on and off every time I use the receiver. Cheap mans way of home automation. :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Thanks again for all the kind words.

I had the brilliant idea of plugging that light into one of the two spare receptacles located on the back of my receiver. Now I can control the lamp via the harmony and have it turn on and off every time I use the receiver. Cheap mans way of home automation. :bigsmile:
:doh: - brilliant idea! I was wondering how I should control the lights in my AV closet with the rest of the automation - and this answers that question - thank you sir! I am totally stealing your idea...... :bigsmile:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:doh: - brilliant idea! I was wondering how I should control the lights in my AV closet with the rest of the automation - and this answers that question - thank you sir! I am totally stealing your idea...... :bigsmile:
The only thing you need to be careful of is that you don't exceed the current rating of the amp/receiver's receptacle. Glad I could help out.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I exchanged the G9 bulbs from the backlight lamp from 25 watts down to 20watt with 20Watts being as low as they can go in that format. The first picture is with the old 25watt bulbs in play, the second picture being the ones with the 20 watt bulbs in play... I think it softens the backlight a considereable amount.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
3dbinCanada said:
I exchanged the G9 bulbs from the backlight lamp from 25 watts down to 20watt with 20Watts being as low as they can go in that format. The first picture is with the old 25watt bulbs in play, the second picture being the ones with the 20 watt bulbs in play... I think it softens the backlight a considereable amount.
Agreed - you can definitely tell the difference.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 36 Posts