Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very cool multi-use space! I bet it sounds great for either two-channel listening OR when watching movies!

NICE!

Steve

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Very cool multi-use space! I bet it sounds great for either two-channel listening OR when watching movies!

NICE!

Steve
thank you :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Finally replaced my old Ikea TV stand with a new Z-line audio rack made for wide screen displays;

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
3db's Home Theater setup; refresh

Here are the updated pics highlighting a new equipment rack, TV, BluRay player, new backlighting, a reorientation of the room and a paint job.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Pics of the revamped family room.. I only took pictures of the front set up and not the surrounds as nothing has changed back "there".

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here are the pics of my secondary system located in the great room

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here are pics of my main system in the townhouse.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
I've put in a 3rd system located in the bedroom. Both my wife and I don't like the current set up as it intrudes too much in the room

bedroom-1.jpg

I want to clean up the bedroom system with a TV stand which includes a fireplace... you know make it romantic and such... I'm having a difficult time finding a product which can easily fit the AVR's girth, 17.125"w x 6.75"h x 17.25"d. and able to hold its 34 lb shelf weight.

I located the following.

This will work if I leave the backs off on the side shelves

dool.jpg

Leaving the backs off again...

dimplex.jpg

There's just not much out there and I dont have the wood working tools to make one either. Where do you guys go to find audio furniture?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My wife changed her mind on the fireplace/audio-video console so I cleaned it up the best I could.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I promised my wife not to put up surround speakers as Im already pushing the boundary now. Its physically uncomfortable for me to watch TV in bed for anything longer than 15 minutes and the recliner I use cannot be moved to a more optimal listening position so there's no point for a 7.1 system.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Re: 3db's Home Theater setup, upgrade to the Great Room

Just one more upgrade for this room and its a sub. Everything else will remain status quo until something breaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Completed by upgrade on this system. I swapped out the following;

RX-V1500 AVR for an RX-V1900 for HDMI
Sony SB-S360 BluRay for an Sony XP-800 4K player
PSB Alpha mains for PSB 400 mains
PSB 100c center channel for PSB 200c center channel
PSB Subsonic 5 for a PSB Subsonic 6.

The AVR, speaker, and subwoofer swaps were all done buying used. Here are the pics..

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Re: 3db's Home Theater setup Main system update

I found a near mint Yamaha KX-1200 cassette deck which I swapped in moving the existing KX-800 to my bedroom and putting the Yamaha K700 into storage. Here are some pics..

Attachments

21 - 35 of 35 Posts