823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally unpacked...

]

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought another pair of 10ft Highspeed HDMI cables so that I can rewire my system downstairs to take advantage of the 4K PVR, and 4K upscaling of my Yamaha BluRay player. I will use the HDMI ARC of the Display to provide the sound input to my AVR. It will also mean reporgramming the Logitech remote.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to me that ARC has never been thought out properly. I think most of us would expect that ARC should carry back jn audio, exactly what is being fed to it at the input. This is pure and utter . I'm holding out hope that companies such as Sony who provided a second HDMI out on their 4K player which is purely audio will become more prevalent and adopted by other companies. I'm not holding my breath on this but it would be nice if they did.

As a result of the above, I've decided to redo the connections from the PVR to TV only and take advantage of 4K video (when/if I get the broadcasts) and use the lossy Dolby Digital/DTS from the TV optical out or the PVR if it sends audio out to both connectors. I will retain the BluRay player connection as is to maintain using the lossless codecs for Blurays and use the 4K upconverting on the display.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pics of my main system in the basement. Its been a while since I was here. The biggest chnage was finding a Yamaha KX-1200 tapedeck which replaces a Yamaha KX800 which got moved into the bedroom.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts