899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally unpacked...

]

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought another pair of 10ft Highspeed HDMI cables so that I can rewire my system downstairs to take advantage of the 4K PVR, and 4K upscaling of my Yamaha BluRay player. I will use the HDMI ARC of the Display to provide the sound input to my AVR. It will also mean reporgramming the Logitech remote.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems to me that ARC has never been thought out properly. I think most of us would expect that ARC should carry back jn audio, exactly what is being fed to it at the input. This is pure and utter . I'm holding out hope that companies such as Sony who provided a second HDMI out on their 4K player which is purely audio will become more prevalent and adopted by other companies. I'm not holding my breath on this but it would be nice if they did.

As a result of the above, I've decided to redo the connections from the PVR to TV only and take advantage of 4K video (when/if I get the broadcasts) and use the lossy Dolby Digital/DTS from the TV optical out or the PVR if it sends audio out to both connectors. I will retain the BluRay player connection as is to maintain using the lossless codecs for Blurays and use the 4K upconverting on the display.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the pics of my main system in the basement. Its been a while since I was here. The biggest chnage was finding a Yamaha KX-1200 tapedeck which replaces a Yamaha KX800 which got moved into the bedroom.

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some up to date pics of my equipment including the addition of overhead speakers for Dolby Atmos

Television Wood Shelf Entertainment center Cabinetry Gadget Television set Entertainment center Output device Shelving Property Furniture Couch Wood Lighting Property Window Furniture Light Interior design Couch Property Light Wood Textile Output device Gadget Studio monitor Electronic instrument Audio equipment Output device Gadget Audio equipment Electronic instrument Television set Electronic instrument Audio equipment Home appliance Audio receiver Bumper Electronic instrument Audio equipment Studio monitor Output device Gadget

Reactions: RobKnapp

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I've been busy with REW lately..using it yesterday to find the best location for my single sub. I found it left of the fireplace as shown below. The couch spans 6' across so I took 3 measurements, at the center, 24" to right of center, and 24" left of center.

Rectangle Azure Slope Plot Purple Rectangle Slope Font Line Plot Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

Sub at old location
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

Sub at new location
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

I had a bit of notch between 85 and a 120 Hz in my measurements when running a full frequency sweep. I decided to raise the head of the mic just past the top of the chair back by a couple of inches and the notch disappeared. I also played with the sub distance that YPAO set for it changing it from from 9.6 to 10.6 feet. The measurement below is with YPAO set to flat.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received my 2nd Rythmik sub yesterday but I have not connected it to the system yet. Its an LV12-F ... its almost identical to the LV12-R except that the port got moved to the front of the cabinet instead of the rear. The plate amp has changed on the LV12-F and it now includes a parametric equalizer.

LV12-F on the Left; LV12-R on the Right
Bookcase Wood Shelf Flooring Floor Bookcase Shelf Public address system Output device Sound box

LV12-R Back Panel
Audio equipment Gas Font Electronic device Machine

LV12-F Back Panel
Audio equipment Font Gas Circle Machine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts