Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: 4 18" 5400's and 8 passives "OH MY"

I have a tear running down my cheek.

That is my dream setup, no question (all in LLT alignments). Is that for a home or a theater?

What are you doing for the box/boxes?

whats it going to be tuned to?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

Great stuff. I can't wait to see the finished subs! What is the volume and tuning you're planning to hit?

·
Registered
511 Posts

I'm hyperventilating. Man alive!

·
Registered
147 Posts

Seriously talking, what will you run as of speakers to keep up with these monster? Also, hope you're walls are sound deadened and are solid or else it won't sound as good, as everything will shake really badly.... just a thought

can't wait for the final result though.

·
Registered
67 Posts

i dont even want to know how much all that cost...:(

cant wait for the finished product

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Just a quick entry.

I currently have 16 - 15 inch electrovoice drivers for my mids and 12 electrovoice compression drivers for my highs. Also 6 jbl 2241h doing the bass duty for the mains and center. Also, 6 jbl 8330a's for rear fill along with rear jbl 2241h subs. I am currently not using an effects channel because I am building the new boxes now. As far as what the system will do now. All I can say is above 25 hz, I've been told it is like "train wreck force." The jbl's run out of steam under 25hz. I am so efficient with the horns and 15's that I can easily drive the system over 120 db with only the first yellow indicator on my qsc's blinking-never even lit the red light yet, so I have room to go. I listen to classical music both live and recorded and the speakers really put out with no audible distortion. The dynamic range is phenomenal. But, I have no experience with drivers such as the 5400's. As a matter of fact I still never hooked a wire to them. It will be a brand new experience for me and everyone I know. So I hope I can do these drivers justice. we will see. I will try to load the pictures I have of my rooms and setup later. Hope this answered some of the questions.

Thanks for the interest,
Robert

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Between the columns, where the popcorn machine is in the picture and the other one directly across from it, or in the rear or the room for now. I have hookups for them at various locations just in case.

Thanks,

Robert

1 - 20 of 448 Posts