Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sounds good. I do worry about over excursion so I am also consdering a Berhinger inuke 3000 since it would deliver 320 watts RMS per sub. Combined SPL at reference should still be a couble dB above the mains I plan on getting. Of couse getting the Crest might allow for more of a house curve to be dialed in. Hmmmmm.
The inuke does a lot less than that below 20 Hz. More like 220 watts from what I've read. A ProLite 3.0 might be more consistent as it goes lower but that's just speculation.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, time for a small update here.

About a year ago we were hit pretty hard in my household by the oil crisis here in Norway. Had to sell the drivers and my mains, all amps and basically started over completely not too long back. So, the other day I had the opportunity to buy back my IB drivers, and I leapt at it. So, they are coming back!

Less fronts to worry about, just a pair of Klipsch RF82 driven by a Yamaha RX-V767 in a 7.1 system, but hey, we all (re)started somewhere, right? :) I had an SVS PC-2000 for a month, and while impressive for a single 12", it's just no match for four IB318 in a wall! :) Can't wait to have them back up and running!

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Happy to see you back in the subwoofer game :D Glad things are looking up also.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yeah, I'm happy to be back! Too bad the Yamaha receiver is very limited when it comes to bass management and flexibility, but it'll have to do for a while. I have a MiniDSP for the sub, and I have a QSC amp on the way for the mains to offload the receiver a bit. Baby steps, but it helps. Watched Passengers last night completely without subs. While the Klipsch speakers do have a little punch, there's just no substitute for a proper sub system. I can't wait to install it this weekend! :)

41 - 44 of 44 Posts