Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of assistance getting started on building a cavity for a Quam 4" speaker (Model #4C3Z8OT) http://www.quamspeakers.com/client-control/documents/techspec/QUAM_0204_GENERALPURPOSE.pdf

This link is the only information I have on the speaker. I called Quam and they had no further data to provide.
For my design, the speaker must be covered front and back with side ports. Wanting to produce 100db. I have looked for box design calculators and they all require much more information than what I currently have.
Any suggestions for where I could begin???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I chose a new speaker that supplied the t/s parameters... most of them. Misco DC4WI
I have downloaded winISD and have gone through the tutorial forum on this website. The parameters I was able to input are: Qts, Qms, Qes, Re, Fs, Re, and Sd, and then the physical dimensions. When I try to use my driver a dialogue box displays "Floating point division by zero". From other blogs I am interpreting that as a mistyped parameter on my part... or not enough data entered. I have triple checked and my input is good. From the winISD tutorial I am assuming I need "BL"? I have been researching how to calculate this parameter and am not coming up with much... suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts