Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want to test your design on this sono subwoofer build...I have buyed the maelstrom-x 18" woofer.

Can i get your meuserements on the tube and how long port and all details and how do you find the driver in any software ??

I live in sweden and we are used to m.m and cm instead och inch and feet can you change to our meserements ??

all help is usefull.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I want to test your design on this sono subwoofer build...I have buyed the maelstrom-x 18" woofer.

Can i get your meuserements on the tube and how long port and all details and how do you find the driver in any software ??

I live in sweden and we are used to m.m and cm instead och inch and feet can you change to our meserements ??

all help is usefull.
Google is your friend. Google this: y inches to millimeters

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Yes, google will convert units very accurately.

The driver specs should be on the site here for use with winisd.

If I were doing it again, I'd probably use wood dowels or something similar for the legs as this was a much more work involved. I also would not include the foam lining and port brace as it was unneeded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the answers.......i get home the file for the woofer now to winisd pro alpha that i take home from the internet but can not change box type on alpha software what is the right winisd modell i must have to change box type and where can i find it ??

Was the tube 6 feet when you get the first result in the software and how long port and the diameter of the the port and are the port in pvc or paper ??

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I'm not sure what you're asking about the box type: you should have the option to select closed or ported right away, then a choice of type of port ( I think that I selected the cheb...russian word lol). You'll want a 20-25cm port. I bought a cheap concrete tube/former, they vary in size a bit, but it's thick cardboard, so it's lightweight and can be glued in easily to a wood flange with polyurethane glue or the like. My port ended up about 91cm long and 21cm diameter, while the main tube was about 61cm diameter and cut to about 183cm.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Glad to help. You might consider tuning a bit higher and use a hpf: you'll get the benefit of increased output above 20hz. I'd have done the same if I didn't have my pair of sealed 12's I use for tv watching and music. I only fire up the Mal-X for movies.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.