Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the UHD discussion, if one were to buy a player could they use it with a standard 1080p display and if so would it look noticeable better?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
New to the UHD discussion, if one were to buy a player could they use it with a standard 1080p display and if so would it look noticeable better? Thanks in advance
They will play.

They might look better. It depends what part of your system does 4K scaling best.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
As with all new first generation players go it may take till the second or third generation before they have all the kinks worked out. Remember the first blue ray players? Slow loading, glitchy playback and became outdated much faster than current ones.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
New to the UHD discussion, if one were to buy a player could they use it with a standard 1080p display and if so would it look noticeable better? Thanks in advance
In answer to your question, watching Blu-ray on 4K UHD Blu-ray player hooked up to a 1080p set is not going to have any noticeable improvement in Picture Quality. It should look the same.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In answer to your question, watching Blu-ray on 4K UHD Blu-ray player hooked up to a 1080p set is not going to have any noticeable improvement in Picture Quality. It should look the same.
Thank you, I'm a ways away anyways. I enjoy my current system and I'll wait till the market has better selection and been around awhile

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi guys.

This is just an FYI. As I read in the OPPO thread, they are planning a summer/fall release.
I did my own investigation and contacted both Marantz and Cambridge Audio.

Marantz customers service rep stated by telephone: "We have no information at this time about UHD players."

Cambridge Audio service rep replied by email: "Cambridge currently has no plans in releasing UHD Blu-ray players."

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
As with all new first generation players go it may take till the second or third generation before they have all the kinks worked out. Remember the first blue ray players? Slow loading, glitchy playback and became outdated much faster than current ones.
Did the OPPO have glitches when it came out with 1080p? I don't remember :dontknow:. I would not expect them to come out with a new player this summer that wasn't ready for prime time. Not what I've come to expect from them! Guess we'll find out soon enough.

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Sorry to say BD players do not have much mark-up to offer a discount. With that said we are the lowest price and first retailer shipping Panasonic's new 4K BD player, DMP-UB900. We're double boxing every unit to help ensure a safe and reliable delivery Nationwide and we are not collecting sales tax. Shipping is also included in our price.

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Our ship came in and it's a week earlier than expected! All DMP-UB900 4K BD players are shipping tomorrow.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts