·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 3 amps that I have looked at are :
1) Dayton Audio SPA500
2) O-Audio 500
3) Bash 500

If you have ready my previous post I am significantly disappointed in the SPA500. So that is off my list.

This leaves the O-audio and BASH. Which one would be best suited for a 1.5 cu-ft sealed setup?

I'm leaning towards the O-audio due to the ease of EQ adjustability. It also seems to have the better reviews for longevity and rated/actual output.

Thoughts and personal experiences please.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,313 Posts
Keiga makes a 500 watt amp too. If you want an over the top option you can check out SpeakerPower. These amps are used in the Seaton and JTR subwoofers, so it stands to reason they're pretty good.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,313 Posts
You could also check out Elemental Designs, they have quality gear.:T
At this point in time you'll probably find quite a number of people who would contend otherwise. Sadly, eD is struggling with quality, among other things. :sad2:

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
At this point in time you'll probably find quite a number of people who would contend otherwise. Sadly, eD is struggling with quality, among other things. :sad2:
I was not aware of ED's problems i always thought they were a great company. I did check out your link to Speakerpower and must say i wish i had known of them a couple years ago. A 4000 watt plate amp? WOW!:sn:

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,313 Posts
I was not aware of ED's problems i always thought they were a great company. I did check out your link to Speakerpower and must say i wish i had known of them a couple years ago. A 4000 watt plate amp? WOW!:sn:
eD started having various problems a few years back, but that was mostly silly things (ran out of shipping boxes, used the wrong type of paint, etc). Oh yeah, and the omnipresent weeks and weeks of shipping delays. But the subs were OK, when you did finally get it, and the customer service was first rate. Now, even that's virtually gone.

On some of the other forums I frequent the complaints had become so prevalent in the eD "official owners" thread that some people actually created separate threads just to discuss the problems. It's really gotten that bad.

I can only imagine what type of sub could be designed using a 4000 watt amp. It would pulverize anyone sitting within 25 feet. :hsd: :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
i've been using the oAudio 500w amp for over a month now and couldn't be happier. great build quality, great customer service, and a great price for what you're getting. drives my sub with ease and have yet to crank the gain past 1/2 way.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have 2 bash 500's and am very happy with them. They were on sale at PE, not sure if its still going. But for around $200, its a pretty good deal. One of mine is traditional enclosure mounted, the other has a little stand alone cabinet for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts