Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50h82 that worked perfect up untill about 6 months ago, then it started to need, to warm up like a car. run for 5 minutes and come in perfect. Slowly got worse over the past 6 months. now it rarely works clear however the POP works perfect. Quoted $100 to replace all resistors on hyper-board. Does anyone second this solution? Thanks ahead of time...:dontknow:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The Hyper module typically needs capacitors replaced, not resistors. Who is proposing to do the work and what are your symptoms? Your post is rather short on information if you want advice that is helpful and correct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i meant capacitors, not resistors. i found multiple guys on EBay that are T.V. repairmen who fix specifically this problem for a $100.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
What is "this" problem? I am gussing you have the typical horizontal instability caused by bad caps in the hyper module, but you have not been specific.

As for those offering to repair your module, you need to be very specific about what they intend to do and whether they will be doing live testing of the module in a set. You also need to verify their experience and credentials, as well as the parts they are using and techniques used for diagnosing what needs to be changed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts