Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying: Last night I was watching video through my laptop to the Mitsubishi WS55805 using an "S" video cable and audio cord, which I've done many times in the past and the picture was grainy. I tried all the cords, etc. and the picture began to deteriorate and eventually became multicolored wavy lines until we lost it altogether. Sound remained. I unplugged it and tried again today but i only here clicks when trying to change the channel, no picture. We are assuming it is the projector and will call a professional but I'd like to educate myself a bit before forking over a wad of dough to a stranger. Does this sound like the projector to you?

~Teri

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Have you tried other sources?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, it made it kind of difficult since I can't see the channels to change the source channel... but I just tried the DVD player and searched through until I got the sound and found it. No picture :crying:

·
Registered
30 Posts
icaillo, any idea why the is convergence template necessary thread is inaccessable to me? it is not on the new posts board and even though i have new responses i can't read them. thanks alot

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It was moved to the Hitachi forum as noted in the last post in the thread. There is a redirect that sends you to it that expires in three days.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
well, it made it kind of difficult since I can't see the channels to change the source channel... but I just tried the DVD player and searched through until I got the sound and found it. No picture :crying:
So you have no on screen display? What about menus? Is the set shutting down?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's correct. no onscreen visual at all. no menus, nothing and the set does not seem to be shutting down. I haven't left it on at length because I didn't see a need to but it definitely has not shut off within the ... say 5 minutes I've left it on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
w00t! upon reading the link it sounds like I've got a new project! :yay2: thank you for the info. I'm sure you'll hear from me as I get into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I decided this sounded like it needed a weekend to accomplish so I put it off until this weekend. My husband brought home a dvd and popped it in, plopped on the couch and turned the TV on. :coocoo:I looked at him like he was nuts and he realized what he was doing and started laughing. But to our amazement, the picture came up like nothing ever happened!!!:unbelievable: We couldn't believe it! We watched all of "Slumdog Millionaire" without incident and tried to get through the second movie which we didn't care for... but no problem! Weeeeeeee! I didn't even touch anything back there, yet. Do you think we should at least take a look anyway for the evidence you described?

Also, we have shut off our cable and gotten the converter box and are now shopping for an antennea/amplifier (indoor preferably). Any suggestions?:dontknow:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Yes, definitely look.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
In general, Channel Master is hard to beat, but I would go to antennaweb.org and find what level of antenna you need then shop for one that is appropriate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts