Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since repairing the power supply and resolving the jittery image problem I have calibrated my set in service mode for both standard and hi-def mode. The picture looks great. I have noticed however that the calibration tends to drift a bit on the outer edges after week or so. What would cause drift? It has bee pretty easy to fix again in the service mode with only 10 or so points on the right side needing to be adjusted. It is the red that is moving relative to the other two colors, unless of course both of them are moving relative to the red...

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Drift how much and how? Are you letting the set warm up 30 minutes before adjusting?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is just enough that I can see the red edge on the lines. I notice it when watching shows that have text at the bottom right of the screen usually. I typically fix it with two to four pushes of the #6 key to move the red to the right where required. I found it is easiest for me to see the alignment by cycling through the colors while the adjustment square is solid. It makes it pretty easy to see when one of the colors at the point is offset because you see the colors jump. I then check back to the lines and make sure I sisn't cause another problem.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are you letting the set warm up thoroughly before adjusting?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Drifting can be thermal or it can be related to changes in caps. Many times, heat sink grease dries out and part of a chip may start to get hotter, or it may have been applied too thick. You could also have excessive correction or some aging capacitors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts