Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Alex over at eD knows the work that went into these and they did the woodwork.

They are going in the trash in 6 days. Don't let them go to waste!

$50 for both is fine I just want them to get good use after all this work

They really just need a dusting and maybe a little paint touch up if you want it perfected

·
Registered
129 Posts
thats a steal,50 dollars for both tubes!!!Like I said if I didn't live a couple of states away I'd pick those up in a hartbeat

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a steal,50 dollars for both tubes!!!Like I said if I didn't live a couple of states away I'd pick those up in a hartbeat
Thank you. I am losing my shirt on this but I just can't stomach throwing them in the trash but I have no choice if they don't find a home.

I am new to DIY so it really took a ton of effort on these so I am emotionally invested in this and just hate throwing them away

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Thank you. I am losing my shirt on this but I just can't stomach throwing them in the trash but I have no choice if they don't find a home.

I am new to DIY so it really took a ton of effort on these so I am emotionally invested in this and just hate throwing them away
What are the dimensions?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I do have a question,what were these tuned down to,did you use 24" sono tubes?Do you know how much shipping would be with shipping everything but the sono tubes themselfs(Plates,feet,rings,ect.)?Shipping would be to oh,43160 zip

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No two sonotubes are the same. They have dual layer rings one of which fits into the sonotube itself. They are made of 1.5" efs which is heavy

Mine was the outer sono of the shipped batch so it is the largest (they ship them inside of each other). the internal diameter of the EFS rings is 25.2 or so on mine even though they are supposedly 24" sonos.

If you could get a larger tube then maybe.

Also I paid $75 in shipping on these and since then added a rather significant amount of weight. I would think shipping on the cut outs alone would be over $100.

The legs and base plates are very nice though and feature professional car painting with a metalic spec in them. You could retrofit them to another setup and they could ship reasonably cheap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.