Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Replaced the IC convergence chips on this projection model and checked the resistors when the board was out. Magic Focus is not correcting some of the mis-alignment so assume the set needs to be tweaked using the DCAM mode. A tech from another site has been quite helpful but I'm having difficulty understanding her instructions. I don't want to take a chance of accidentally clearing the DCU memory. I'm hoping one of you either has the manual I can D.L. or clear procedures so I don't goof it up.
Thank You,
~LC

Here's what they wrote:

To set or save convergence settings you have to Press pip mode 3 times first press pip mode then you will ask rom write press pip again green dots should appear the press pip & pip channel to initialize sensors for adjusting convergence Pattern 2-5-up and down 4-6 back forward press select to adjust (0 is red, ant is blue).

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There are links to sites that provide manuals, both free and for a fee in the vendor listings as well as the stickies in the DIY Repair forum.

There is no substitute for having the proper documentation for your set. Adjusments and procedures can vary, even within the same series of sets. There is far more to the process than the information listed in your post above. Get the manual and don't rely on others to give you the information in bits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Leonard, been looking here and other places but thus far haven't found anything for free. Normally I'd easily pop for the cash but I've been unemployed almost 6 mos and things are not looking up job wise. I have time as the picture's not terrible just off some but would like to complete the job correctly.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Schematics for free has a couple of documents that refer to Hitachi convergence, one of them may be useful, even if they don't have the manual for your set specifically.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Leonard,
I Actually found a good source for the convergence procedure but it mentions getting into one of these three adjustment modes/sizes by pressing one of these buttons but none of these appear to work with my set and my only option is the 13X9 grid.
(3x3) Press “STATUS” 5 times
(7x5) Press “0” 5 times
(13x9) Press “ANT” 5 times
Do you have an idea how to get to the 3X3 or 7X5?
Thanks,
Larry

I muddled my way through the adjustment and am quite pleased with the results. I believe it could be even better with practice.

For the complete procedure with photos, search:"tvrepairkits"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts