Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a novice to home audio but i love speakers. Im currently doing research for upgrading my whole setup. As of now ive decided to get Definitive technologies for all the speakers and DIY for the subs. Either 8060 or 8080 series for the deftech. And will be doing 2 diy subs with TC Sound subs. What would be a good 7.2 receiver for a room size of 17' x 17' and would like a ceiling of around $2000 for it. Thank you for the help. Right now im using a harmon Kardon AVR-1600 and i love it. Do i need to upgrade the AVR? Or you think i need more than 50 watts per channel? Will be used 90% movies 10% music. Thanks again in advance i dont have a super picky ear so im sure what ever you have for suggestions will work for me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive never played with this brand before but this ONKYO TX-NR709 seems to have everything im looking for. You think this is a good receiver?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome i pretty much guessed on the receiver. And ill just get the 809. Im one for overkill as well. From the comments you left sounds like this is going to be a huge upgrade from my HK AVR-1600. Thanks for the help. I think ive done all the research that needs to be done. Now the fun part. Start the buying process.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A guy suggested me getting the Onkyo TX-NR818 7.2-Channel 3D Home Theater Receiver
Its not much more and it comes with a XT32 not sure what that is though. Something to do with the eq calibration with a mic? It handles hdmi 1.4a so ill prob get that instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts