Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 305 Posts

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Thats not much help Mr. Anderson. haha the Matrix is getting to me kinda. :T
I apologize... I was trying to say that I was stumped myself...even frustrated. Check it again, I edited to explain why. My apologies!

On a side note, I will say the learning just goes on and on. I look at different stages of development in my search for audio zion, and when I read other people's posts, it doesn't take long to see where they are at in their journey. I find that no matter how much I think I have learned, I just don't know anything at all. I haven't mastered WinISD by anymeans, I am just glad I know enough to do a basic plot. But I wonder how long it will take before I factor in the temp rise of my voicecoils, barometric pressure, and at what point the moon is in it's lunar cycle on the night I am playing pipe organ music to hit "Bottom C" :rofl: Why oh WHY didn't I just take the blue pill?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Actually I recommended this setting for the HPF
Yes, I had tried that one also, but had pretty much the same results with the bottoming out around 40hz thing. So, I opted to trying the 10hz HPF also.

Ryan, I was just messing with you about your post to :bigsmile:

A few updates on the box painting. I just finished getting all of the nail holes filled, and the rough edges of the box have been filled with putty and sanded so they will paint up the same as the other parts of the box. I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance. Painting will start soon now. I've had a VERY busy past 2 months...

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
If the sub is bottoming then you simply need to turn it down a bit. The sub has only so much capability.
I do that but I had thought that I could run it full power at higher fc's with no worries with the correct HPF for the low fc's.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I think it's time for you to post a video of Bass I love you...:R

Mike and Dan have it right. Turn it down a notch and start funding for the 2nd one. It's a big 18 but even those have limits. For the 11th time... Are you sure that you are't clipping the amp at all? I know... this is about the 3rd time I've asked you this...:sarcastic: Try removing any and all EQ (not the HPF).

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I just made a video of it playing Bass I Love You and Throw It Up (C&S). Trying to get my computer to post them to photobucket...
In the videos the amp wasn't clipping. I guess I should have included that in the video...:doh:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I think it's time for you to post a video of Bass I love you...:R

Mike and Dan have it right. Turn it down a notch and start funding for the 2nd one. It's a big 18 but even those have limits. For the 11th time... Are you sure that you are't clipping the amp at all? I know... this is about the 3rd time I've asked you this...:sarcastic: Try removing any and all EQ (not the HPF).
There is NO WAY my dad would let me get another of these. :crying: He was already displeased that I got this one. But music is my life. :bigsmile:

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
OH my... I can't believe how LITTLE excursion you have on the low notes! I was tuned to 15Hz with SSF @ 15Hz as well, and I still had more excursion on the low notes than the highs...

PM me for vids

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
According to WinISD, it does. With the tuning at 20hz, the port velocity is at 34m/s at 18hz, and with the 14.66hz tuning, it peaks just under 24m/s at 13hz.
interesting. I've always assumed velocity was a factor of Vd and frequency. Same excursion, higher frequency, more velocity. But I keep getting told no, and I thought I played with plots and it confirmed that it should stay constant.

snap some screen shots? I'm assuming same port area, just shorter port length to raise tuning?

101 - 120 of 305 Posts