Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of building my home theater. The carpenter is about ready start. I'm hoping the electrician will be on the same page as me. I'm going to install 7 speakers total. My components are going to be behind the screen wall. Should I install the Monoprice Banana Plug Speaker wall plates where I"m going to install the speakers? And where the components are behind the screen wall should install a master plate for the components? I just don't want to being winging it and doing the wrong thing. :huh:

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
682 Posts
There are different philosophies on how you can go about doing this. Some people like the fewest connection points (and reduced cost) and will just put holes where the wires will exit/enter wall spaces. Others like the clean looks of the wall plates. I personally like the clean looks and don't believe the extra connection points will cause noticeable signal degradation, so I would go with the banana and master plates. As long as you make sure the connections are good to the plates, there shouldn't be any issue using them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I plan on using a master wall plate in the wiring closet where my components will be and for the surround speakers (main left center and right speakers will be in wall so no plates there)
I like the clean simple look of the plates and everything is labeled. Just make sure all of your connections are solid and you should not have any problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.