Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. It would be great if there was an option to delay the start of a Measurement by x seconds. For example, when I click Measure to start a sweep/measurement, it would be useful sometimes to have a 5 or 10 second delay before the process started.

Here's an example: I am measuring the sound absorption of various materials. I need to click Measure and then get the material in front of the speaker at the right place (held up by hand). So I've had to resort to getting the material held up in front of the speaker at the right place, and then using my toe to click the space bar on the laptop to start the measure. :)

2. It would be nice on the screen where you start a measurement it gives you an opportunity to enter the label to be used for the measurement, before it takes the measure. I know you can easily change it after the measurement is taken, however it can help me stay better organized to enter this upfront.

3. I apply Var Smoothing to all my graphs as the first thing I do after taking a measurement. Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to tell REW to default to Var Smoothing (or whatever smoothing I may want to use) initially when the measure is first plotted? I know there are options to change it after the fact or to change a bunch of them at once (via the Control options). But it would help speed things up if it defaulted to Var Smoothing from the beginning without me having to manually select it after each measure. Or perhaps this option is already available?

Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1. There is. In the "make a measurement" dialogue where you setup the sweeptime, start and stop frequency, there is a start time field close to the top. Use this to delay the start of the sweep.

3. Under preferences -> Analysis tab -> dropdown box under "Frequency Response Calculation". Here you can chose the default smoothing for new measurements.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. There is. In the "make a measurement" dialogue where you setup the sweeptime, start and stop frequency, there is a start time field close to the top. Use this to delay the start of the sweep.

3. Under preferences -> Analysis tab -> dropdown box under "Frequency Response Calculation". Here you can chose the default smoothing for new measurements.
Great thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts