Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I measured these with my new C-140 meter. The results are very similar to what I got with the RS meter but different.

As a reminder this is 2 HSU ULS-15's in a sealed 1800 cubic foot room.

First the Sub only:
Red is with No Audyssey
Green is with Audyssey on
Blue is with Audyssey on and Dynamic EQ on.
This is with a cross over of 80 and the sub limit at 120

It appears Audyssey is cutting my output below 14 Hz?
It also appears that the subs without Audyssey are flatter?
Any thought on this?

I tried to put a target line in but was unable to.

Here is a waterfall of the sub only same crossover as above with Audyssey and Dynamic volume on. It is the "worst" of the three waterfalls.
Again, any thoughts?

I have 3 possible positions for my subs, they are not very far apart but I thought I would try each to see if there is a significant change in the response.

Finally I did some measurements with my mains and kept getting a clipping warning? How can I address this? Did I try and measure to low, 45 Hz?
I'd like to get a clean reading from the mains also.

Thanks

Bill

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some additional views
The first is with Audyssey on with the target curve.
Seeing it this way Audyssey does a pretty good job.

Here is Audyssey on and Dynamic EQ on which is there version of a house curve. My understanding is that they are attempting to bring the full range of sound at less then reference volume levels.

I have been listening with Dynamic EQ on and in some movies the bass becomes heavy. Sometimes this can be heard in music other is the effects. In those cases I turn Dynamic EQ off.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I tried to put a target line in but was unable to.
Not allowed on the All Measured tab.

Finally I did some measurements with my mains and kept getting a clipping warning? How can I address this?
If it's mains only, be sure to use the correct test signal for mains.

If it's sub plus mains over 15Hz-200Hz, use the sub test signal. If you get a clipping warning, reduce the input level and rerun the Calibrate routine.

brucek

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts
Here is a waterfall of the sub only same crossover as above with Audyssey and Dynamic volume on. It is the "worst" of the three waterfalls.
Again, any thoughts?
Most of the signal is down to the lowest listening levels by 300 ms - very good!

I have been listening with Dynamic EQ on and in some movies the bass becomes heavy.
Boy, no kidding. They should read my house curve article - most people prefer to shelve response somewhere between 20-30 Hz.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts