Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Here are a few pics of my finished (well, NEARLY finished...are these rooms EVER TRULY finished) home theater.

First, here's a poor-quality picture looking into the kitchenette from the hallway leading to the theater (the adjacent equipment closet is immediately behind the wall to the left of the countertop)...

Here's a pic as you fist enter the main theater room, just past the kitchenette....

Here's a picture (which came out a bit dark) showing the equipment rack (and subwoofer nook below), and the media shelves...

Here's another picture of the "rack wall" with better lighting...

Here's a picture of the screen wall, under low lighting (this screen is a DIY screen, which I built with much help from the guys on this forum; the substrate is the back side of a sheet of white Melamine board, which was then primed and painted in Sherwin-Williams color "Unique Gray,")...

And finally, here are a few screen shots, from my daughter's favorite movie (Despicable Me)...

Thanks for looking!

Steve

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Wow very nicely done! I know that didn't happen over night, so now sit back, relax and enjoy the movies.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wardsweb -- overnight? NO! ;) It was an on-again, off-again, 3-year project! I'm really glad to have it finished though, and now when I "head upstairs," it is to RELAX, instead of BUILD, which is nice! :) Thanks!

ALM -- thanks so much! Yes, the chairs are SUPER comfy; they recline almost to a fully horizontal position...I can see myself falling asleep a time or two in this room! :) The screen wall was the hardest part; I had a vision in my mind, but turning that into reality (especially being an "amateur" trim carpenter, at best) was a challenge. But, IMO it turned out pretty decent in the end. And yes, I am AMAZED at the picture quality; the combination of the Mits. HC4000 projector and that screen really does a really terrific job! Thanks!

nova -- thanks much! :)

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Dale! It's definitely a place to relax in now, as opposed to being a place to sweat in, as it had been... :)

Seve

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a GREAT idea, Joe! That would be MOST cool! I'd love to have a look at all the different ideas!

Anyone who finds themselves in central Oklahoma is more than welcome to drop by and have a look... :)

Steve

·
Registered
818 Posts
Wow Great job. Sweet looking room. Nice picture.. Must sound amazing

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3dbinCanada -- thanks!

Yeah, it sounds REALLY good, to me. Having said that, I'm new to the whole theater thing, so to an "audiophile," I'm sure it wouldn't sound very good. However, to my untrained, novice ears and eyes, it's a pretty amazing experience! :) I mean, I've never even owned a subwoofer before, until now, so that in and of itself makes the experience really cool IMO!

Steve

·
Registered
818 Posts
3dbinCanada -- thanks!

Yeah, it sounds REALLY good, to me. Having said that, I'm new to the whole theater thing, so to an "audiophile," I'm sure it wouldn't sound very good. However, to my untrained, novice ears and eyes, it's a pretty amazing experience! :) I mean, I've never even owned a subwoofer before, until now, so that in and of itself makes the experience really cool IMO!

Steve
Pay no heed to those audiophile types. Hearing is subjective thing and the sound perceived from one to person to the next is like snowflakes...none are identical. :) That being said, I hope you have many years of enjoyment. HT truly does transforms a movie watching experience. :T

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
That's a very nice room you have. I like Joe's idea of the tour. Future giveaway? Call it the HTS vacation tour? We need some lodging sponsors! :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts