Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm wanting to mount an in-wall rack to hide my AV gear. Right now, all that I use to control them are my receiver remote, my PS3 controller, a wireless mouse, a wireless keyboard, and my TV box remote. I've seen some information on IR repeaters etc, but I'm not really sure if these would work for me. The cable for the repeater, unless they sell wireless ones, would need to be at least 25' long. Do I need more than one? Or are some of the technologies my controllers use not IR? Thx in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I'm not quit following you, you say you need at least 25' of cable for the wireless receiver? is your A/V rack 25' away from the room you sit in?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be by the time you go up the wall to the attic, over, across, and back down. maybe only 10 feet as the crow flies.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I'm sure it is available in that length, the receiver just needs to be mounted where you can see it from your seating position in order to work. The transmitter just gets placed in the area where the equipment is. There is also a RF wireless option as well but some people have reported problems with that route.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, so it does not need to be where I point the controller? Does IR work no matter where you point the remote?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes it has to be able to see the front of the remote.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts