Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Also why is it that the bigger W and H I make the vent the longer it has to be, you think it would be the opposite.
The port works because it restricts airflow.....think of how much harder it is to blow air through a narrow straw than a wide straw....and also how it is harder to blow air through a longer straw than a shorter one.

If you make the surface area of the port larger, then it needs to be longer to have the same restriction to air flow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
As far as getting more bang for your buck do you think the Dcx2496 would be better alternative for a high pass filter. I can get one used from a friend when I get enough fundings for 200. It says it can only do a 20Hz filter which does not seem to effect it too much. As of right now I got all the cuts for the box figured, just need to find time to get it done. I kick myself becasue Menards had 4X8 sheets of birch ply on sale for 24 dollars a sheet. But I missed out becasue I could not get a truck to pick it up.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You can always build a cap into the cable feeding your subwoofer amplifier to roll it off at 6dB/octave....there's probably already one inside the amplifier, so it would just be a matter of making it a smaller value. If there's more than one opamp stage in the amp, then you can probably get a second pole in there just by changing a cap value, or cutting a trace and adding a cap. There's usually an input buffer and then another buffer for any volume control.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.