Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I spent a bit of time this past week working on a 3D rendering that I can use for a still image on my screen before a movie starts when I have guests over, and here it is.

I thought it wold be nice to let other members who want something like this to be able to download it so I have included the jpeg file below. It is 1920x1080 so it should look great on a big screen.

the only thing I ask is that you dont take credit for it, sell it or modify it in any way. I may be willing to even personalize it for some Shack members if they would like to add their own text.

Edit: I added a second rendering without the THX logo and changed the main "Home Theater" to green

Enjoy :bigsmile:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Panasonic player has a feature to use it as the backdrop on its main menu before you put a disc in. I know that some projectors also alow you to store a still image in its memory that is shown if no signal is there.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
WOW! That is great. What software did you use?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lightwave 3D, its what many of the big studios use.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Wow, thanks. I will see if I can use it.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Really nice work!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone :wave:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Very cool.

Do you know what projectors/players support this feature and what is it typically called? Splash screen/welcome image?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On my old Sanyo Z4 it was called "startup logo"
On my Panasonic BluRay player its in the main screen setup. Most TVs have a USB or SD card reader so you can just keep the image on that and call it up when you want.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks great - I'd love to use it but I won't let myself since my room/set-up is not THX certified. If you make another without that cert I'd be comfortable using it.
Thats an easy thing to do, I can post it tonight for you.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok I uploaded a second 3D image that looks like this without the THX Logo I placed the file on the first post.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Tony,
Thank you for doing this :T! Both images look real cool and will add a nice little touch to our happy place. I grabbed the 2nd image w/o the THX Ultra Cert. I may as well grab the THX one too cause you all know, the up grade bug can bite real hard and someday I may have the gear to display it too :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts