Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have joined this site because I read a review and it seemed like this place could answer my questions.
I was in the sound reinforcement game for 10+ years way back in the 80's-90's. A scuba diving accident derailed and ultimately ended that career.
I find myself now a family guy with a mortgage, kids, retirement accounts to pay, college tuition to save for, as I think many of you also. So I am building budget Home av system over a long period of time, buy each part when I can get a very good deal on it.
So far I think I have done well. Black Friday was good for my HDTV. At the time it was retailing for $1800, I bought it free shipping and wall mount for just slightly over $1000.
The speakers I bought are Pioneer and from what I have read were well received but just didn't sell well.
I picked up 4 of the sp-bsp21's for $50 and again no shipping charge. I think that was a 1 day amazon special.
The center channel I watched for almost a year and it stayed very constant in price, so when I saw it for $58, I grabbed that a couple months ago.
I have just purchased, but not received the AV/R (the Sony STR-DN850) It seemed to have all the features I will need and then some. It was not my best purchase in terms of savings over msrp/internet prices, but $325 and free shipping isn't to bad.

I am about to find a bulk roll of speaker cable to get the speakers wired up. i haven't decided if I will put some connector plates in the wall, or just hardwire them.

I have some speaker placement questions, that I will post in their respective forum category.

TIA!!
~John

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

If you're a Facebook user, click on the Facebook at the top of the page and "Like" our Facebook Page. Our feed is full of interesting links, photos, and news.:T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts