Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just putting this out there and wondering if anyone would like to contribute to the cause (obviously Brisbane/Gold Coast, Australia) to nail the coffin closed on the A-lens Vs Zooming debate once and for all.

The proposed plan is to have:

BD player with either a HDMI splitter or player with 2 outputs so both projectors receive the same signal at the same time.

2 identical projectors (with VS and greater than 1.33x zoom) mounted vertically on two levels.

1 Screen so both images project onto the same surface. Each projector is blocked by a shutter (card board is all this need be) so that almost instant change over is possible to compare between A-Lens and Zoomed image.

1 Anamorphic Lens (I'll supply).

Any interested parties?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C'mon Aussies! Someone's got to be willing to help Mark out! :bigsmile:
I will contact my friends at JVC with a proposal for a loaner in the name of imaging science. They might come to the party after SMPTE which is being held in Sydney this month. If I can get one X3, I know where I can borrow another :), along with a dedicated fully light controlled room and a 150" Scope screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.