Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Who are we?

:sn: :sn: :sn: Hey Everybody! :sn: :sn: :sn:

I'm Erik, but you can just call me "E." I'm proud to say I'm blonde, Norwegian, and a guy...so basically I'm toast! :duh:

Sorry my introduction has taken so long...we just had our third baby boy and life has been a bit crazy around the Farstad home!:blink: So thanks for your patience.

Where to start...hmm...well my HT journey began with a pair of Bose 2.1 speakers I bought in College. Then a Dolby Prologic receiver, Klipsch center channel and sub, then a pair of Energy satellite surrounds. I thought life was great until I ran into these **** forums...and my world opened up! I need dolby digital, dts, and everything else this crazy world contains! :rant: So I blame, but I guess really thank, the forums for my upgrading frenzy!

Reading all the forums and I mean I really got into reading them...I bought tone of new gear from Margin Logan's, Musical Fidelity, Denon, AMC, Energy, you name it...I was trying things out. Then my life took a HUGE turn!:T

I got to design and build my own home, which of course would include a dedicated theater room! :devil: I saw all these rooms people had built on the forums and thought, well I have a design background...I can do this too. So I did.

I created a website that documented my entire HT building process. And because of that website I've met and made many new friends...how? They contacted me with questions of how to, why, and what not; concerning my theater construction. It was from those inquiries and my desire to always have my own company that CHTD was born.

Custom Home Theater Design is the name of my company that I'm happy to report has been growing every year since it's inception in 2001. I've been blessed to work for and with many great people, mostly local, but from around the US/Canada as well. It started as just a design/consulting company; but now I offer and sell audio/video products as well. Basically, we're a turn-key design, outfit, and install company.

HT is a HUGE passion of mine and to be working in a field that I enjoy so much is a true blessing...but another one is hanging out and chatting with other enthusists. So I look forward to getting to know and meet many new people here at the Shack!

E

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
You know... I haven't heard from E in a long time... hope he's doing okay. I suppose I need to check in on him. E helped up get up and going and he might be surprised to see how far we've gotten.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Actually it was in with our "Who are we" thread in the beginning... which was closed for public reply. I felt since he is not a regular it was probably better to move it out on it's own. E has a very young family and works like a mule, so we knew he wouldn't have the time to devote to hangin' out at a forum, but again, he did help us get going. Notice he is member #3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts