Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you have heard two Canadian soldiers have lost there lives on home soil this week due to home grown terrorism linked to the middle east.
The latest standing guard at the war memorial in our capital Ottawa.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these brave men who stand for freedom.

This is so sad: you are so loved

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
This world is becoming crazier daily! A man running around with a hatchet? Really? I know this might not be a politically correct view but…I am and will continue to be a responsibly armed and vigilant citizen.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
It is indeed very sad to always see/read/hear these horrific acts of violence that some "crazy" person does against some else or some other entity (government, etc.).. We do live in a crazy world.

Prayers to the family of those who were affected. Hopefully they can recover from this tragedy.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now another school shooting being reported. A crazy world indeed!
very saddening :rolleyesno:

A soldier who stood at the war monument here in Edmonton yesterday made such a great statement "The colours on the Canadian flag do not run so neither will I" Such strong words :T

·
Registered
487 Posts
A soldier who stood at the war monument here in Edmonton yesterday made such a great statement "The colours on the Canadian flag do not run so neither will I" Such strong words :T
As awful as this week has been, our nation is pulling together and stronger than we were before. Terror will not win.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
My prayers go out to those Canadian soldiers that lost their lives standing for freedom and also to their families.
All the more reason that our countries must stand together to defeat this evil. I include our brave soldiers and the people being held captive by these terrorists in my prayers each night. I hope we find a way to stop these animals sooner rather than later.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Now another school shooting being reported. A crazy world indeed!
Yes, shooting today in Marysville WA, about an hour from me. 2 dead, 4 injured, shooter committed suicide (one of two dead).

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Wednesday another attempt to breach the White House , the dogs were released this time.

Its been a horrible month...I hope it slows down before the month is over.

Thoughts with all affected by these violent acts.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Forgot about the fence jumpers. That's an easy fix but I'll just keep that to myself.
I'll say this, If you have seen the video of the dogs attacking and have any law enforcement knowledge you would be saying "what was that". It was not very impressive, in fact it was down right shockingly poor. I would take those dogs out of service and provide some serious training, or take them out of service for good and get some new ones that can do the job right. If that guy had a gun they would probably be dead.

Other articles elude that the dogs were not let loose previously on breaches due to the dogs not "tracking". In other words the dogs didn't understand what the threat was, or indicate the desire or willingness to attack. That is not good!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I'll say this, If you have seen the video of the dogs attacking and have any law enforcement knowledge you would be saying "what was that". It was not very impressive, in fact it was down right shockingly poor. I would take those dogs out of service and provide some serious training, or take them out of service for good and get some new ones that can do the job right. If that guy had a gun they would probably be dead. Other articles elude that the dogs were not let loose previously on breaches due to the dogs not "tracking". In other words the dogs didn't understand what the threat was, or indicate the desire or willingness to attack. That is not good!
The one jumper made it into the White House! INSIDE! That's just ridiculous and to be honest puts a clown suit on our security measures. If you come inside my home uninvited I'm going to assume your intentions are bad. At that point no words will be spoken.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Also earlier this month OCT 16

Suspect carried out a half-hour shooting spree Wednesday night at law enforcement in Granite Falls, Lake Stevens and Marysville WA. The area is about 30 miles northeast of Seattle.
Two sergeants injured and subject hospitalized (non-critical).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts