Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Upgraded system!

As you can see, went in to DIY. I built the center and rear speakers myself (rears first, bad finish).. I bought the front speakers used, for an awesome price, with new bass-units .. It's a ProAc look-a-alike, with the 18w-8530, but with a better tweeter (D2905/970000).. The center and rear speakers consists of Scan-speak aswell, apart from the tweeter ind the rears, which is wavecor..

You can look at the original post below, to see where i came from :)

OLD POST:

Hello HTS!

First post

I finally finished my setup, in my tiny room. Comments are appreciated, especially on the Room Frequency Response! :)

Edit: If you have suggestions to improvements please tell me.. I don't really have more ideas..

HELP!: After buying new speaker cables, i recalibrated my system, and i lost my >20hz bass.. My response from 16-17 hz(look at the roomresponse below), is moved up to 20hz.. What can i do, to get it back? :/

Infinity Primus 250/150/C25
SVS PC12-NSD
Denon AVR-1713
Homemade acoustic panels

Old stuff(stacked to the right of the TV):
H/K AVR 135
H/K DVD 22

Overview:
http://imageshack.us/a/img525/5743/24197402.jpg

Back:
http://imageshack.us/a/img803/3834/65351581.jpg

Sub:
http://imageshack.us/a/img822/6504/22183546.jpg

Room Response: Comment please! :) Measured with Audyssey Mic: (boosted SUB)
http://imageshack.us/a/img201/236/89913725.jpg

If you noticed the cable under the TV(Left side): It's my old broken optical cable, i taped to the red-light limiter on the SUB - So i can moniter it all the time :T

The optical cable installation to the limiter light:

Cheers! - Jens Toft

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Working on fixing the pictures.. It worked fine in the previews :/

Edit: Any ideas? I tried the image uploader on this site, but i can't figure how to upload my own photos.. The [ img ]- way to do it, worked in my preview.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Working on fixing the pictures.. It worked fine in the previews :/

Edit: Any ideas? I tried the image uploader on this site, but i can't figure how to upload my own photos.. The [ img ]- way to do it, worked in my preview.
You need 5 total posts before your pictures will appear. There's a "post padding" thread around here somewhere that you can do some fluff posts to get your count up.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The room looks great! :)
On a side note, The measurement that you got using the Audyssey Mic is unfortunately going to yield inaccurate results as there needs to be a correct calibration file for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The room looks great! :)
On a side note, The measurement that you got using the Audyssey Mic is unfortunately going to yield inaccurate results as there needs to be a correct calibration file for it.
Thank you! :) I'm really happy with it..

Are there any guides to do this correction? :huh:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Have a look here

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Making of DIY treatments:

They're pretty simple, with a frame sized a little bit smaller than the eco-isolation batts.. The fabric used to cover it, is the cheapest bed-sheet available in IKEA.. I wrapped it around, and nailed it to the frame..

They are excellent.. I noticed a huge diffence, already in the room, where i stored them..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice room Jens, and great DIY treatments. The only suggestion I have is to maybe move the centre channel forward a bit so it won't be reflecting directly off the top of the surface it is on.

Oh, and that was a smart idea to monitor the sub's LED.
I actually haven't thought of the reflecting surface in front of the center channel.. Thank you!

Yea, it's a great idea.. Actually mailed it to SVS about making the LED to an optical out port.. They liked the idea ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After buying new speaker cables, i recalibrated my system, and i lost my >20hz bass.. My response from 16-17 hz(look at the roomresponse at first page), is moved up to 20hz.. What can i do, to get it back? :/

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't acutally thought of that! I just checked the temperature behind my receiver.. My apartment is small, and therefore easy to heat up - so my radiator is not hot enough to cause problems! :)

By the way guys, i discovered the problem about my sub 20 Hz frequency response! The only door i have in my room, is to my bathroom - whenever that is just a tiny bit open, it cancels my 16,17,18,19 hz! I closed the door, and rechecked, and my sub 20Hz is now back on track! :D
I can post pictures of the difference, if you are curious about what such a tiny detail can cause! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts