Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

A/V Reciever w/o HDMI

Tags
hdmi reciever
3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  salvasol 
G
#1 ·
Ok I know I need to update my reviever to have Hdmi but at the moment dont have the funds. But I have a Yamaha Htr-5835 with multi channel Input. I am using my PS3 for my blu ray player what is the best way to set up for best audio and video. I have a 42" panasonic 1080P

#2 ·
First of all ... Welcome to the forum :wave:

I have a Yamaha Htr-5835 with multi channel Input. I am using my PS3 for my blu ray player what is the best way to set up for best audio and video. I have a 42" panasonic 1080P
If you don't have HDMI ...your other option is to use the multichannel connection. I don't have any experience with the PS3, but if it does have the multichannel output; just connect that to AVR and I think you'll be fine.

For video, use HDMI from PS3 to TV directly.:yes:

#3 ·
Your correct David, And the best part is the Playstation 3 will decode the newest uncompressed audio formats internally and pass them through the Analog outputs to his receivers multi channel inputs.:T

#5 ·
There advertising is misleading....good to know. Does the receiver have a digital input like optical or coaxial? You can also use that to get the audio from the PS3. again the PS3 will downconvert the uncompressed formats so you can still use them.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.