Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's dealt with this outfit? Any opinions on buying refurbed? I'm in the market for a new AV Receiver and it looks like I can get way more out of my budget taking this route...?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Lots of folks around these parts have used a4l, myself included. Highly recommended. Refurb usually means a shorter warranty than new but I think the savings makes it worth it.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yup, my Marantz 6005 is from them and have had zero issues. It looked brand new and even though I won it here at the Shack they save you lots of money and you get very good customer support.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an Onkyo TX-SR 608 that I purchased there about a year ago no problems also purchased the receiver before this one and just unboxed an onkyo HT in a box that I have yet to put up always had good results

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I don't see a problem with refurb. That site offers very cheap extended protection as well. Seems like it was around $60 for 4 extra years of warentee. However, I do not know if its a headache to make a claim, ect.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Ocationally new as well, Ive seen Onkyo receivers advertised as "New" there

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I've dealt with them many times, for myself, family and friends. I've never had any problems with them, easy to deal with and to fix problems if there is one.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Does A4L offer new products or just refurbished?
Yeah I've seen year end & end of line NEW Onkyo's on sale @ A4less
with the warranty that they offer , it make sense to watch their site ...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I bought from A4L and glad I did, I would do so again in the future and as someone mentioned before there extended warranties are very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i was wondering how they were also been doing alot of research and found through reveiws A4L is a great place to save money on a good reciever the reason i might steer clear though is i already know im buying the onkyo tx-nr709 i plan on having it for sometime so without a doudt i want a good extended warranty after the trouble i went through with my last reciever but the reviews on the warranty company that offers these warrantys for A4L from all the reviews not one i have read has been very good at all i mean real garbage the company is warrantech i do believe. but have read all good things about squaretrade they are like top notch in electronics when it comes to warrantys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've used Accessories4Less for quite a few purchases for about 5 years now, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. They are an authorized retailer for everything they sell and if you use a credit card that extends warranties, then you don't have to worry about the shortened refurbished warranty. If you happen to be located close to the Central Florida area, you can also pick up from them as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anybody in Canada bought anything from A4L? When it comes time, I'm sure I can quickly check out their website to see, but then there's the question of how much of a hassle it is dealing with cross-border issues... after the sale.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Sadly they dont ship to Canada, Ive tried and they wont unless you first ship it to a friend in the US first and have them ship to you. :(
You will usually pay brokerage fees of around $65 + GST at the boarder.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
For what it's worth, if any of my Canadian HTS bretheren wanted to do this, I would be more than willing to be the "middle man" and am relatively close to the border. I am a stay at home dad and my days are pretty free so I could pretty much get it sent on the same day I get it.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hey Joe, thats very kind of you :) If I dont get down to Denver this summer like I plan too I may take you up on that offer.
I really want to get my hands on an Onkyo 3009 or 5009

·
Banned
10 Posts
I used them in the past also..with the lower prices I took out the extended warranty on My Marantz pre pro which was ans is working flawlessly and came in as new condition

1 - 20 of 22 Posts