Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DIY 150" screen and place the center channel below. I would like to modify my screen to put the center behind the screen in the middle but don't know what fabric to get. It needs to be dark enough to not see the speaker yet allow all the sound without muffling it. Please help......thanks rich

·
Premium Member
5,815 Posts
I have a DIY 150" screen and place the center channel below. I would like to modify my screen to put the center behind the screen in the middle but don't know what fabric to get. It needs to be dark enough to not see the speaker yet allow all the sound without muffling it. Please help......thanks rich
Check out SeymourAV Screens... They have the material you need for a DIY AT screen. They also sell a black material you can put behind the AT screen to stop light from showing through the screen. The other option is Spandex. I have seen some people using it but I don't know which one they use.

·
Premium Member
5,815 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was easier to build than the sheetrock screen, one person can move/handle it and the center channel sounds fantastic. win win win. The whites do seem a little brighter/washed out ish compared to the sheetrock but very slight easily worth it. rich

PS. I'll try and post pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It was easier to build than the sheetrock screen, one person can move/handle it and the center channel sounds fantastic. win win win. The whites do seem a little brighter/washed out ish compared to the sheetrock but very slight easily worth it. rich PS. I'll try and post pics when I get a chance.
That's great !! I would love to see the pics. Thanks for responding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts