Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished the structure and I'm looking for advice on acoustic panels for the wall.I was thinking maybe three on each sidewall about 3 x4 ft. made out of a 2x2 frame cover it with fabric and fill it with
some type of sound absorbing material.Any suggestions on it or anything else to make it better?

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
GIK acoustics sells them cheap if you cant make them yourself. I recently purchased some and they help the sound tremendously.

Talk to Bryan Pape on here. Very helpful.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You may take some measurements with REW and some waterfalls to see what your problem areas are.

That would help anyone making recommendations to you.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
#1 Broadband bass absorbers in the front corners.

#2 Completely deaden the front wall

#3 Reflection panels as you described. Try to get a full 2" thick if only doing 3 panels per side.

Fill material would be 2.5lb-4.5lb mineral wool, 3lb fiberglass board, or 3lb acoustic cotton.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
The room looks relatively long and the speakers relatively close to the front wall - pretty much the same 2" material would be appropriate.

Bryan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bryan, to deaden that wall does that mean I need to completely cover it or will panels work?
Sorry for all the questions i'm not even a novice yet.:huh:

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
No problem at all. You can do it however you want as long as it's dead. If you do panels, it will just take quite a few of them. You want it completely covered.

Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts