Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post newbie here :wave: I am just getting started on measuring my system and at some stage I will want to align the timing on at least the L/C/R/SW's and will need to use a timing reference.

My measurement setup is a UMIK1 mic for input and Behringer UCA222 for output. The left output is connected to the left input on my pre-pro Aux input. I can select a "party" effect and send the same signal to all the speaker channels and by using the balance control and turning on the appropriate power amplifier, I can isolate the desired speaker. I have set it up this way because, like most people, I want to avoid swapping cables around all the time.

I understand that with the UMIK1, I need to use an acoustic timing reference. Is it OK to use a portable powered speaker (i.e. UE Boom) connected to the UCA222 right output for producing that signal? It would be handy if the internal speaker on the laptop could be used but I imagine there are good reasons that would be problematic.

TIA

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Yes, you could use another speaker for the timing ref. Just make sure to keep it in the same place relative to the mic for all your measurements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts