Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to these forums and just wondering if someone here has some ideas for my problem.

I am looking for an acoustically transparent material that is not a fabric, i.e. like glass except with little or preferably no sound attenuation.

I have seen on programs like "pimp my ride" etc they put the speakers behind glass but figure you guys may have some idea on different materials more transparant to sound than glass.

It is for a chemistry experiment (forgive me if this then places this post in the wrong section :paddle:, I thought this would be the section most relevant) and here is an image:

http://i.imgur.com/rKnRTJp.jpg

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have for this!

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
There was a product a few years ago (might not have made it to production) that advertised a dash in a car that became a speaker. I thought it was Nextel, but i can't find a reference to it now. Maybe someone else will know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a product a few years ago (might not have made it to production) that advertised a dash in a car that became a speaker. I thought it was Nextel, but i can't find a reference to it now. Maybe someone else will know.
Thanks for this, yes if anyone else knows what this is it would be appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts