Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post although have been reading this HTS forums for a while, and have digested a lot of information :dizzy: for audio, projectors, screen including BW screen and acoustics for the room. I have taken some preliminary steps when I built my home theater room for the new house, but before I get started with finishing this dedicated home theater, I want to learn more.

How do I analyze the frequency responses in the room? Can I use the laptop and a microphone (any recommendation would be great)? My intention is to furnish acoustic treatment - low bass traps in corner, and some others on the walls, but I do not want to just cover the walls without knowing what it is doing to the sound. I am afraid about over-dampened room. I am good with electronics, computers, engineering concepts (better than most people:nerd:, but not as well as what I have seen here at HTS:hide:)

I would appreciate any help.

Doc.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:jump:

Kal,

Thank you very much for the quick response:hail:. I better get going :reading:

Doc

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree with Kal on the books I have both Everests master Handbook of acoustics & Toole's Sound Reproduction..

If I was to pick one I would go for Floyd E Toole's Sound Reproduction Loudspeakers and Rooms
by far the best most informative of the many Audio acoustics related books I have read...

Cheers....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for another vote. I have already started reading. But unfortunately, the life calls for other activities and there are only 24 hours in the day!!! I am hoping to finish the reading and get back here. At present, my theater is painted walls only. Before I do any acoustic checking, I need the carpet in place. I may need to put insulation in the wall - I am thinking of blown in wet cellulose that helps acoustically also. But more reading first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts