Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. I got a new LG blueray player last night,,only thing is is that the player only takes a HDMI cable while my denon avr-2105 only accepts component for Speed Test vid and rca for audio. I looked at radio shack but nothing:( where can I find what I need? how much will it cost? if it costs more than $75 ,,then I may just put the money aside for a new receiver :) thanks:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need a HDMI to Component converter. There is a multitude of these available. How ever, there is one major problem. In order to utilize true Dolby Digital, you will need to input a digital signal into your receiver, which supports a digital input. After a short research on Google, I could not find a converter that would output a digital signal, only analog RCA. An analog input will let you do the old, old Dolby fake surround. I see a new or more up to date receiver in your future.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That AVR is 20 years old. It is time to replace it. The place I would have purchased an HDMI to Component Video converter does not sell that device any more due to no demand. Besides that, HDMI sources ALWAYS look TERRIBLE when you use component video converters. My nephews freaked out when I gave them HDMI cables to replace their XBox component video cables because the picture was so much better. It was NOT subtle either... the difference was HUGE. You don't necessarily need a NEW receiver. You could by a used receiver, maybe 2 years old if your budget is small. Or you could try to find an older Blu-ray disc player that has component video outputs... but component video will still be much worse-looking than HDMI video for HD or UHD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts