Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a pair of mini monitors for a friend and now he wants to incorporate a subwoofer into the system. How do I cut the low frequency to the monitors to about 80 Hz?
Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I built a pair of mini monitors for a friend and now he wants to incorporate a subwoofer into the system. How do I cut the low frequency to the monitors to about 80 Hz?
Thanks for looking!
Depends on the sub and the other equipment. Basically:
1. You can get a sub with speaker level crossover.
2. You can get a sub with line level crossover.
3. You can buy a crossover, line or speaker level, to add.
4. You can put a capacitor in the line before the amp or speaker cable.
More info needed.

Kal

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yes. Let us know how it turns out.
Nope. No where do I see anything about a HP filter for the pass through. Is there something in the specs I missed?

Kal

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Nope. No where do I see anything about a HP filter for the pass through. Is there something in the specs I missed?

Kal
It's either adjustable from the law pass on the sub or built in and fixed at 80 hz like most other plate amps that have speaker level inputs. Either way the lows go to the sub and 80 hz and above go to the monitors.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It's either adjustable from the law pass on the sub or built in and fixed at 80 hz like most other plate amps that have speaker level inputs. Either way the lows go to the sub and 80 hz and above go to the monitors.
A reasonable assumption except that the manual and specs make absolutely no reference to any HP filter while mentioning the adjustable LP filter many times. I would contact the manufacturer directly for a definitive answer but, short of that, would doubt there is an HP filter in this unit.

Kal

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would also guess that there is no high-pass filter for the speaker outputs on the sub plate amp. The five sub plate amps I own all pass the full signal to the speaker outputs. I tested them all because I was hopeful that they would do some filtering.

-Max

1 - 16 of 16 Posts