1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish that the samples would be mine to send them for testing yourself Mech!! Unfortunately, i had them for a few days...:wave:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had for a few days the opportunity to play around again with ADEO screen samples. Practically, I would like to confirm what my spectro told me in the field. I used Xirite’s i1 display pro 3 and did what Mech did here:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-screens/20233-diy-grayscale-gamut-readings.html

I firstly took measurements off the lens and calibrate the projector. Then, from the same point and angle, I placed the samples on my screen and take a grayscale and color measurement. The results were, more or less, as i would expect them. ADEO’s screens are almost a reference as it concerns their neutrality. You can see in the graphs that there is no color shifting whatsoever and the discrepancies are minimal.
I also have measured 2 DIY or to be precise, 1 OTS paint and one DIY. The first one is Benjamin Moore’s white base and the other a gray mix that I call Frankenstein!!:D

I plan to do the same with many paints and mixes, as long as I get access to. I would like to add two words about gain.

ADEO’s screens are a bit ‘generous’ with gain. In fact their 1.2 screens have a 1.0 gain factor and their gray a 0.6 and not 0.8. That’s not unusual but I feel that has to be said for everyone who’s willing to gain a bit of luminosity more off his screen. My methodology could be slightly wrong but since I don’t dispose virgin Teflon ( planning to buy it in next weeks) or chalk, I followed a different route:

http://www.accucalhd.com/documents/accucal_front_projection_screen_report.pdf

I took as a reference these gain results made measuring with Photoresearch on a StudioTek 130.

Since one of my good friends uses this screen, we took some measurements off the lens and off the screen and reached exactly the same values shown to the article (gain 1.27). Then used the StudioTek as a reference to determine the gain of ADEO’s samples. Having done that, I was able to tell the gain (at least on axis) of my paints (1.0 for the white and ~0.6 for the gray).

I ‘ll say no more and upload the graphs. Have a nice weekend!:wave:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good information! :T That Vision Fold looks to be one of the brightest screens I've ever seen in terms of RGB numbers. I don't recall one getting that close to 255 before.
Mech, my friend.......as usual you were quite wright!! I checked and double checked the results and the RGB numbers for Vision Fold are a bit lower!! I 'll update the board of the first post as soon as possible!!

Probably, i have done something wrong the first time....Sorry...:duh::duh::doh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts