Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first post and I'm sure everyone has heard this a lot but I am very new to the scene and doing my best to learn.

So after 4 years of sitting in the box I decided to tackle the Shiva, I went with a 54l sealed enclosure and got a wicked deal on the Bash from Mark at Mach 5. So i understand that the bash starts to roll off at about 30hz without modding it. I unfortunately don't know enough yet to understand how much or if I need any boost so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

And of course looking at everyone elses builds I now want more! The Bash 500 appears to have way more power then the shiva can possibly handle (at least in this sealed box) so if I wanted to go with a larger vented enclosure what driver would you guys go with. Size is not an issue and I have access to all the tools.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I think the Shiva could handle that much power in that small sealed box. What size is your room and do you have any way to measure the frequency response of the Shiva box in your room like an SPL meter or REW? That's the best way to gauge how much boost is warranted otherwise you are guessing. Some small rooms barely need any boost at all with a sealed sw but other large open rooms need a bunch. I believe that I read that the BASH500 has a boost built in to it already, but I'm not sure how much or where it is centered.

Are you planning on building another larger sw anyway?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts