Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of old KossFire speakers given to me that I am using as my front left and right speakers in a 5.1 system. There is an adjustment knob for the midrange and a seperate one for the tweeter. I have the Umik-1 so I figure that before I try to start moving speakers around for my whole room measurements, I should get the 2 KossFires measuring the same.

I am looking for someone to let me know if my plan is any good. I was thinking I would set my receiver to 2 channel stereo and disconnect the right speaker and shut off the sub. Set my front speakers in the AV receiver to full range. Put the Umik-1 on my tripod about 3 feet from the speaker and face the mike right at it. I am thinking that I put the mike height midway between the woofer and the tweeter(the midrange is between the woofer and tweeter on this model). Fire up REW and do some test tones. From here I adjust the midrange and tweeter till I get as level a graph as I can. After that take the right speaker and put it where the left speaker was and repeat trying to get the two speaker graphs to match.

Do I have a good plan or is it somehow flawed?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I have the same adjustments on my Infinity LF RF. That is exactly what I did and it worked out fine. REW showed my adjustments only caused about a 1.0 Db offset full range.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. 1db. that's interesting. I think I should test the adjustment range just for fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts