Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the thousands of posts on subwoofer design a request for some design suggestions from the more experienced is almost a necessity. I'm a veteran cabinet maker and have a good feel for some of the software packages available so all I really need is a few suggestions to get me going in the right direction. Here are the details of what design parameters I think would work for me.

I'd like to build a sealed sub because I think I'd end up with a smaller cabinet volume which is important to me because I have some tight size and location requirements.

The sub I'd like to build is going to be 100% for music so I'd like it as tight, articulate, and musical as possible.

This sub has to integrate with my line arrays which have a 5-1/4" woofer so I think the sub(s) will only have to cover from the 70-90 hz range on down.

I'm think of running dual (one for each speaker) small (10-12") subs for both aesthetic and efficiency reasons.

Thoughts anyone?

Regards,
Dan :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it you're considering SoundSplinter products since this is in the SoundSplinter forum.
Yes.

What is your budget for the subs and amp?
Just guessing, the Ri-10 in a sealed cabinet may suit my needs?

Haven't decided on an amp yet but it'll have to be a plate amp with speaker level inputs.

Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm baaaack! :sn:

The most space, power and cost effective option to implement would indeed be the RL-i10. Pair it with an amplifier rated for 300 - 500 watts RMS per driver & provide 0.65 cu ft net volume per driver and you should be golden.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts