Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do Aestetics matter so much when it comes to home theater and audio? :hissyfit:

I thought the main focus was to get great sound and video.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Why do Aestetics matter so much when it comes to home theater and audio? :hissyfit:

I thought the main fous was to get great sound and video.
From Wikipedia: Aesthetics or esthetics (also spelled æsthetics) is commonly known as the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment and taste.

Ultimately, all technical specs we consider to be important serve only this one goal: creating an optimal sound and vision experience as we like it. For me this does not end with a perfect image and sound, it includes the experience of the whole room or theater. And yes, this sometimes creates dillema's where a technically optimal solution does not seem to contribute to the 'good looks'. To find the perfect marriage between technics and looks is for me the most challenging and rewarding aspect of my home theater hobby. I may add that the so called WAF can be very well used to your advantage in this respect.

So my motto would be: Let's create beautiful Home Theaters, it is all about esthetics (or however you spell it)!!! :T

·
Registered
969 Posts
The main reason why we don't all live in black and white houses, with gray walls and gray floors with no doors on cupboards and plastic lawn furniture to sit on.

Sure great sound and picture are important but also having a great looking (and functional) living space is what makes the room truly your design.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do admit that sometimes too much is too much when it comes to gear, especially when the wires look like they belong to a server rack and not a stereo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts