Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did this one for the main sub over and over and over and ended up with this. Still there is tiny dip that I’d like sort it’s a real pig’s ear.:heehee:

The first graph is just the way it is.
The second and third graph is after I’ve sorted it.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Is it even really tiny? With the graph scales being incorrect, we cannot really tell the size of it.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Andysu,

In the future please note: For subwoofer plots, always use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - 200Hz) using the Graph Limits button in the top right corner of REW. Use a measurement start frequency of 0Hz and an end frequency of 200Hz. Use the appropriate target line that matches your crossover.

For full range plots, use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - upper limits) you desire or your mic/meter is capable of measuring, i.e. 15KHz - 20KHz. Use a full range target line.

For full range only, enable smoothing (1/3 octave) to eliminate the comb filtering.

brucek

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That tiny dip will not be audible. :no:

Regards,
Wayne
Evening Wayne

Yeah I’ve noticed i!

Then if I was to rise the sub up higher off the floor it might work then it might not work at another frequency. Then again I could shift to the side but I don’t have lot of to play with in terms of front space. The CRT widescreen takes up 31 ½ inches on the width.

But it’s smoother than before I just can’t stand that (boom, boom muddy smearing tone clogging my ears up), know what mean.

One other thing I could move the sofa forwards to reach the goal which is smoother response with less filters.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andysu,

In the future please note: For subwoofer plots, always use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - 200Hz) using the Graph Limits button in the top right corner of REW. Use a measurement start frequency of 0Hz and an end frequency of 200Hz. Use the appropriate target line that matches your crossover.

For full range plots, use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - upper limits) you desire or your mic/meter is capable of measuring, i.e. 15KHz - 20KHz. Use a full range target line.

For full range only, enable smoothing (1/3 octave) to eliminate the comb filtering.

brucek
Evening brucek

Is that the this button here pressed once to change the angle of the frequency?

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
No, the one to the right of that one. Like brucek said, the Graph Limits button.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, the one to the right of that one. Like brucek said, the Graph Limits button.
Evening weverb

The settings have been the same (since I think he mentioned it several months back)…

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Is that the this button here pressed once to change the angle of the frequency?
No, as both I and weverb have said, use the GRAPH LIMITS button to set the correct graph axis. The button is clearly marked GRAPH LIMITS.

For subwoofer plots, always use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - 200Hz) using the Graph Limits button in the top right corner of REW. Use a measurement start frequency of 0Hz and an end frequency of 200Hz. Use the appropriate target line that matches your crossover.

For full range plots, use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of 15Hz - upper limits you desire (or your mic/meter is capable of measuring), i.e. 15KHz - 20KHz. Use a full range target line.

brucek

·
Registered
486 Posts
Pressing the one with the grey box around it will give you the pop up to change the plot limits.

:nerd:

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Evening weverb
Yes, yes its set just like that!

Maybe it’s something else eluding me?

Can you post an example of two graphs a kinder (wrong way and right way) of doing it.

Cheers

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
No, as both I and weverb have said, use the GRAPH LIMITS button to set the correct graph axis. The button is clearly marked GRAPH LIMITS.

For subwoofer plots, always use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - 200Hz) using the Graph Limits button in the top right corner of REW. Use a measurement start frequency of 0Hz and an end frequency of 200Hz. Use the appropriate target line that matches your crossover.

For full range plots, use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of 15Hz - upper limits you desire (or your mic/meter is capable of measuring), i.e. 15KHz - 20KHz. Use a full range target line.

brucek
Evening brucek

Oh, crumbs I think the crossover on the Eltax A12-R sub bass is -12db or then again it might be -24db?

As for the JBL 4645 the only crossover that’s used now and then is when I switch the SW-RE-MIX mode ON to divert the lows from discrete Dolby 4.0 or Dolby stereo 2.4.2 matrix.

When in Dolby stereo digital discrete 4.1/5.1 I switch the SW-RE-MIX to OFF. So it basically doesn’t have crossover I haven’t had the money to buy for a while.

When in SW-RE-MIX mode it applies crossover to keep the LCRS down at minimal as otherwise the directional tones will be audible!

I’m pretty sure its -24db down as the AVR is THX product and its usually standard 80Hz -24db.

I have selected the 1/3 but have toyed around with it, just curious.

It’s too bad I don’t have the same EQ all around to deal with some minor issues. I was thinking of saving up and buying a few more FBQ2496 for LCRS as they are cheaper than the DEQ2496 and REW can easily adjust the differences. Only downer is its only 20 bands thou I could loop the FBQ2496 to give me 40 bands that’s 9 bands more over single channel on DEQ2496.

I’ve just selected 1280 1024 no that’s not a sub bass it’s the monitor settings as I have large monitor. All the text is like the size of an ant!:D But at least the site fits the screen smartly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts