Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Once a subscriber, always a subscriber with Dish. They will not give out a 'new customer' deal to any former subscriber. And if you have had issues with Dish in the past, they will ask for an up front fee. I was a Dish sub for 8 years. Switched to DirecTV and on a whim, called Dish to see what kind of deal they could offer me. I'm still with DirecTV. :bigsmile:

You should have run the rg6 cable yourself and saved yourself a lot of money and a lot of heartache. As for the issues with DirecTV csr's, they have a system. If you pay your bill on time, have autopay setup, subscribe to a higher tier package, etc. they tend to cut you slack at times. I'm certain it's the same with Dish. Except you have to talk to someone from India usually. :rolleyes:

So, pay your bill on time and be a good customer, and you will reap the benefits. When the switch to mpeg4 came around, DirecTV gave me 2 HD-DVR's free of charge and a new dish. Why? Cause I'm a good customer. :bigsmile:

Also, you may want to read the rules.

ABSOLUTELY NO vulgar or obscene language, no cursing, not even mild profanity is allowed... even acronyms for profane language are to be avoided... we want to be squeaky clean! If it resembles a bad word, do not include it in your thread or post, use another word.

Swearing is absolutely prohibited and this includes using words like "Lord" or "God" in vain... as well as phrases like "Oh-My-God", "Good Lord", "Holy Jesus", etc. Acronyms, synonyms and euphemisms are not to be used to replace swear words... for example, O-M-G is an acronym for Oh-My-God, d-a-r-n is a euphemism for d-a-m-n, Gosh is a euphemism for God... and others that are similar such as c-r-a-p and SOB. Please avoid these, as we do not wish to cause anyone any offense. We do not censor the words "God" or "Hell" because they are used in many movie titles, however, we will not allow them to be used to swear or in a profane manner.

We use an auto-delete and auto-replace system to automatically delete or replace any censored words and some censored phrases, therefore if you notice your sentence sounds stupid or words have been substituted, it means you goofed and typed a dirty word. DO NOT use character substitutions in an attempt to get your dirty word aired... you will be warned and banned if necessary.

WE ARE VERY STRICT WITH LANGUAGE... Some members will undoubtedly claim that our language rules are too strict, however, the rules are necessary to overcome some members claiming certain words are no worse than others... but more importantly to uphold our mission of having the highest moral and ethical standards. Therefore, we will not allow any, not even what many would consider mild and/or questionable. Remember... if we allow one person to slide then we have defeated the purpose of the rules. Generally members will be warned for the first offense and may be banned for repetitive non-compliance.... however, we reserve the right to edit and/or delete any post we believe may be inappropriate and we may do this without notice to the offender.

These language rules, as in all rules, applies to all areas of the forums including usernames and titles. If we believe a username is questionable and provocative, we reserve the right to delete it without notice to the user. Be smart and play it safe, do not tempt us. These are all strictly prohibited and adherence will be strictly enforced. There are absolutely no exceptions! There is no reason to act surprised when we uphold the rules
That's what the 'moos' are in your post. It'd be a good idea to edit them out! ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts