Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were watching TV and all the sudden the display went black put it was still had sound coming out. I turned off the TV, thinking it was a cable problem. But the TV will not turn back on at all. Now the TV shows the red light and when you try to turn it on, it will display green temporarily and then immediately goes back to red. The DVD doesn't get the screen to come on. I have turned it off on the back and unplugged it and neither is making a difference. I have left it unplugged all day this week and tried to see if it would work after I get home each night and it still does the same thing.

Any suggestions on what is going on?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
We see a lot of these with power supply problems and backlight inverter problems.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this something that we can fix? I don't think it is the power supply because this TV had a built in DVD player and when I turn the TV on, the DVD player tries to start working but then the TV shuts off.

Any thoughts?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I don't work on beliefs. I would have to examine the set and make some measurements to be able to tell you any more than I have. You can look at the power supply and if you see a bunch of caps that are swelling you may be abl to fix it. Otherwise, it will take some troubleshooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts