Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this last night (I haven't watched it in a few days). The left edge of the screen, towards the bottom, has a black blurry area (I say blurry because you can see it gradient back into the picture). I've had this set for 2 years, and I'm a bit confused about what's causing it and what to do next. Any ideas?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Post an image. It sounds like a collapsing light tunnel, but the description is vague.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Picture on left is left side of screen with blurry line. The little black spot near the bottom is in the signal, it's a rock or something on the ground the animated characters are running across. Picture on the right is the right side of the screen, for reference. It just gets a bit dark and blurry on the left side, and it goes upward along the side of the screen, tapering into the edge of the screen about halfway up. So the top left corner looks fine. It's kind of hard to see in the picture, sorry for that, I tried different types of light and about 20 different shots to get this one.

So what do you think? Collapsing light tunnel? Is that going to be expensive to fix?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Could be. Could also be an adjustment of the tunnel position. The set is obviously a Samsung, and some of them have a tunnel alignment, but there is nothing about this in the Akai manual. I'd contact Akai and see if they can tell you which engine they are using from Samsung and what their analysis of the problem might be.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'll do that. Thanks for the input. I'll post again when I know more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts