Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently given a Viore PDP4210EA plasma TV. Set is made by Akia. A couple of bad caps on the the main board repaired and I have the set working.

Unfortunately, the set refuses to do a factory reset using the main OSD menu. It also will not retain a channel scan or any other user defined settings like color adjustment after the set is turned off.

I have a suspicion that the set is stuck in "Demo" or "Store Mode"??? The firmware information page shows, UI Mode: Demo.

I can find nothing in the OSD menus to change this. I have the service manual and user manual and neither are any help.

Might someone have a clue how to get this TV out of Demo mode??? If in fact that's what the problem is.

Thanks.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I do recall having to reset some of these. Maybe "home" mode is the one that you want? I do not recall specifically.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holding the menu button for an extended time brings up the menu to do the factory reset. Nothing about home or demo mode in there though. Factory reset does nothing also.

I've tried the Akai methods to enter "service mode" and none I have found work. My remote does not have a "TV" button which rules out several of the methods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts